In the present scenario, there are drones for everyone, for individuals at all experience levels, and for people of all age groups. Even your toddler can get it on the action now. There is a whole new range of best drones for children.
Drones for beginners or professionals are not always suitable for children under a certain age if the manufacturer targets them as mentioned. This is why it is always advised for parents when purchasing drones for kids, make sure the maker targets them at younger novice. This is because the purpose-built drones for children have designs that make flying them easier.
The last thing your kid wants to experience with his/her new drone is discouragement and frustration. But you can be rest assured that none of the picks in this ‘Best Drones for Children’ buying guide will cause these upsets.
Kids have been always fascinated with the flying objects. Kite flying continues to be popular and competing with paper planes is always fun. Now they have the next best thing in the form of ‘drones.’ Drones can help them learn about the mechanics and technology of a flying robot and don’t forget the fun.
#1 Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC:
This neat little quadcopter is the perfect drone for your children or anyone else at the entry level. This mini quadcopter is the size of your hand and is recommended for the children above 14 years of age. This drone requires adult supervision and comes with a multitude of features and capabilities.
- Comes with a Carefree Mode or Headless Mode – meaning you don’t have to differentiate the drone’s front or back
- The drone has three-speed modes
- Boasts 6-Axis Gyro Technology and can easily perform impressive flips and rolls
- It is operated using a 2.4G remote controller for easy navigation
- The drone can fly up to 80m and for as long as 8 minutes after one hour of charging
- Fun to fly
- Can upgrade the battery
- No camera
- The control buttons are not marked
#2 GoolRC Scorpion T36 Mini Drone:
It is a cool toy-drone meant for kids of age 14 years and above. Due to its lightweight, this nifty mini-drone is compatible with indoor flying. The best thing about this product is that it requires no assembling, that is, it is ready to fly (RTF) straight out of the box. The drone is smaller than the size of your palm making it easier to control.
- Small size makes it compatible with indoor and open space drone flying experience
- The user manual perfectly explain the tuning of the drone, your kid will easily get the gist of flying it
- The drone offers fast and fiddle agility making it even more fun to fly
- The remote control looks exactly like a video game RC. Thus, your kids will easily get comfortable using the drone as well as the RC
- It sports a 6-axis gyro flight control system to deliver the best performance
- It has a control range of 30m and will give you 5 minutes of flight time
- Powerful and responsive
- Quick battery charge time
- Bonus battery included
- Includes a return to base button
- Poor flight time
- Size too small, meaning it is easy to lose in the bushes
#3 Syma X5C-1 Explorers Camera Drone for Kids:
The next in our list is a bit a different drone both in terms of size and performance. Syma X5C-1 Explorers is one of the best drones for kids who want things little bigger and sturdy. This drone is bigger than the previous two drones we have discussed but is still lightweight and easy to fly both indoors and outdoors. The best thing about this drone is that it comes with an HD Camera.
- The drone is easy to use despite its bigger size and is a smooth flyer as well
- It uses 6-axis Gyro Stabilization technology for making the aircraft flexible and wind-resistant when in air
- It offers a flight time of 7 minutes for a 90-minute charge
- The remote control boasts an LCD screen that shows the status indicators
- The maximum control distance is about 30 meters from the transmitter
- It also has a small 2MP 720p HD camera
- Steady flyer
- Headless flight mode
- FPV upgrade potential
- High landing skids
- Short flight time
- Long battery recharge time
#4 EACHINE H8 Mini Quad:
If you are looking for the best drones for children under a certain budget, then you should give a look at this beautiful piece of art. Not only it has an ergonomic design but it also comes in the list of the cheapest drones for kids. EACHINE H8 Mini Quad is recommended for kids above 12 years of age
- The drone comes with a propeller guard
- Headless mode makes it easier for the children to pilot the drone
- Offers 360° roll-overs for performing impressive rolls and flips
- Boasts four fancy LED lights for flying the drone in the dark
- Offers 6-7 minutes of flight time after a 45 minutes charge with a transmitter range of 30 meters
- Fast battery charging time
- Great for kids flying for the first time
- Performs nice pirouettes
- No camera
- Motors can get very hot after a short period of use
- High yaw rates
#5 Tenergy Syma X11C Drone:
Last but not the least; this is the final drone from our best drones for children list that you can avail for less than 50 bucks. The manufacturer is known for producing quality drones for kids and this product is for the children above 14 years of age.
- The drone comes with a 2MP camera that can be used even under blustery conditions
- The drone can make flight both indoors and outdoors
- It is durable and crash resistant, thanks to its solid plastic framework
- Offers 360° rolls
- Offers flight time of 7-8 minutes after a 40-minute charge with a transmission range of 30 meters
- Stable and smooth flyer
- Wind and crash resistant
- Blade protection
- The user manual could be confusing
- The camera works poorly in low light
Don’t let the low price of these quadcopters put you off. It is remarkable to see how these low-budget drones fly robustly. These are the best drones for children you can look for.