Facebook has grown at a breakneck pace, and today it has left all social networking sites behind. In fact, right now it’s the only thing left that you can call social network.
Video and photo sharing are among the most important features of the social network. Gone are the days when people used to share trending videos and images on Facebook, now Facebook itself makes stuff viral. It’s giving tough competition to Google-owned YouTube as well when it comes to video content being consumed on both platforms.
Downloading Facebook videos isn’t something that has many solutions, and the ways to do it aren’t as popular as downloading YouTube videos. I’ve read lots of content about how to download Facebook videos online in the past. But each of them had some bugs, and many posts took me to irrelevant pages.
After lots of googling and exploring the web, I found a website “GetFbStuff.com” that doesn’t just help you in downloading Facebook videos. It also hosts hundreds of thousands of Facebook videos in its directory, and it has many other useful features.
The features of the website are below:
- Facebook Video Downloading Online
- Downloading Private Facebook Videos
- Downloading Facebook Page Photo Album
- Online Vimeo Video Downloader
How To Download Facebook Videos?
Getfbstuff.com is an online Facebook video downloader which helps you to download videos on all kind of devices. Since it is a web-based application, it supports Windows 10, Mac OS X, Ubuntu, and all other kinds of operating systems. Moreover, you can also use it as a Facebook private video downloader as well.
Just the way Youtube videos are hosted on Google’s servers, Facebook videos are hosted on Facebook servers. It’s not any hidden knowledge. But the link or URL of the Facebook video, which we see on Facebook, isn’t the actual file source; instead, it is embedded. That’s why you can’t copy a video from Facebook with ease.
Download Public Facebook Video
You can follow the steps mentioned below to save a Facebook video that’s public:
- Get the URL of the Facebook video.
Make sure that the video you are trying to download is hosted on Facebook servers, and its privacy is public; it’s the most important step (URL of public videos look like https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=921674917…)
Now having confirmed the public privacy, right-click and open the Facebook video in a new tab. Copy the video URL from your web browser and proceed with the steps mentioned below. If the video you’re trying to download turns out to be private, refer to the very simple method of downloading private Facebook videos described later in this article.
- Open the Facebook video downloader online.
Go to the link above and paste the copied video URL in the video URL box, as shown in the screenshot below. Click the blue color “Download” button and proceed with the process.
- Download your video in the required quality. The Facebook video can be available in two qualities – high resolution or low resolution. As per your convenience, you can save the clip.
- Identifying the required quality, right-click, and select “Save link as” to save Facebook video into your computer.
Note: If you are unable to download the Facebook video, it may be so because of the privacy settings of the uploader.
Now, if you want to save a Facebook video that’s not marked public, then refer to Facebook private video downloader below.
Download Private Facebook Videos
I’m recommending using GetFbStuff because it provides you the option of downloading private Facebook videos where other video downloaders fail. Private Facebook videos are those whose privacy is set as “private” or not “public” by the uploader, and it’s not possible to download that video just by using the URL.
- Get the “page source” of a private Facebook video.
- Right-click and open the video in a new tab. The private Facebook video’s URL will look something like https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=913044420&set=a.15841…..
- Right-click on the page and select “View page source” or go for CTRL U.
- Copy the entire page source by using the “CTRL C” keyboard shortcut.
- Open Private Facebook Video Downloader
Open the above link and paste the source code in the box, as shown in the screenshot of the Facebook private video downloader page. Click the blue download button.
- Download and save the video. Here you need to pick the required quality, right-click, and select “Save link as” to save Facebook video into your computer.
So, guys, these were a couple of useful methods to download public and private videos from Facebook. Drop your thoughts in the comments section below.